Manto Art Gallery is at Paleochora Chania (Crete) and it is operating since 2003.
It is a Greek art place.
The paintings of the artist Manto leave the viewer with a sense of Greece and they are inspired by the Greek Folk tradition.
A tradition that is preserved until these days, by giving wonderful paintings of an art that is alive and thriving, allowing the viewer to “travel” in the magic of color through pictures of past times.
In this journey that we plan to take through the following pages, we hope to bring you a sense of the wonderful folk art, the love about life, the Greek sunny sky, the deep blue of the sea, but also simple everyday thinks that make us better persons, and all these through the Greek traditional art.
Thank you for this journey.
Manto was born in Athens.
She studied art, interior design and graphics in A.K.T.O (Educational Institute of Art and Design).
She continued her studies in design and buono fresco technique at the art workshop “Theofilos”.
She was also taught Byzantine Agiography at the Fine Art workshop in Glyfada by the painter Michael Aggelakis.
- 1999 Gallery “Hour” (Athens)
- 2000 Gallery “Theofilos” (Glyfada)
- 2002 Gallery “Giali Tjami” (Crete, Chania)
- 2003 Gallery “Expression” (Glyfada)
- 2005 Exhibition Hall “Mikis Theodorakis” (Municipality Argyroupolis)
- 2012 Exhibition Hall “Metropolitan” (Athens)
- 2013 Exhibition Hall “Metropolitan” (Athens)
She has also participated in group exhibitions.
Since 2000 she lives in Chania and since 2003 she has a gallery at Paleochora Chania.